Everest House evolved from the original town centre practice that was established at the turn of the century, when Hemel Hempstead was a small town with a population of 10,000.
Two branch surgeries were added in the early 1950’s, one in the Adeyfield area, which grew to three doctors and the other in Bennetts End area – this later closed. By 1960 the town centre surgery and the Adeyfield surgery each had three doctors serving a population of 16,000. In 1983 the two surgeries merged into the present Everest House Surgery and moved into purpose built premises designed to our own specification, with a major extension added in 1998.
The practice has expanded to eight doctors along with the appointment of extra ancillary staff which includes three Practice Nurses, a Health Care Assistant, a Practice Manager and various administrative support staff.
Care Quality Commission inspection: